June 25, 2008

Classic Car Pillow

Here's one that I couldn't risk posting until now.



I made this pillow for my Dad for Father's Day but couldn't give it to him until this last weekend. I could have mailed it but I wanted to see his face when I gave it to him. It is always so hard to buy a gift for Dad... When I was little he used to re-build these old cars... in particular the 1931 Plymouths like on the pillow. He is also a coffee-addict. Notice how I strategically placed the car applique over the fabric so that the man with the coffee is driving!





I got him a couple Hot Rod magazines too. He really liked it! Here is a look at the cover without the pillow...



Enjoy your afternoon tea & quilted crafts :o)

16 comments :

Tine said...

So sweet! No wonder he loved it!

Dolci Fusa said...

So funny!!
Veronica

pasiakowa said...

Wow! This is wonderful!
And funny with this man drinking coffee ;)
I can imagine how happy your Dad was :)

KicsiKató said...

At first sight I thought the car was printed originally on the fabric.... Wow, it's sooo great application!!!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Brilliant cushion! Love the car applique - the detail on the car is amazing. I am not surprised it was a big hit with your father.

susan said...

it looks gorgeous
i think its great that you were able to use fabric with a little coffee drinking guy! too cute

nicole said...

This just rocks! Awesome work.

Beti Copetti said...

Lovely cushion!!!

Simonetta said...

Hi Laurraine,very beautiful your jobs and lovely blog!Compliments :)))

Krista said...

Ok, you totally rocked Father's Day. I have GOT to get my act together next year...Your work is so fantastic. Thanks for sharing!
k

francy said...

This pillow makes me miss my Dad! What a wonderful present for your Dad, L. I'm sure he'll treasure it!

Dawn said...

What a beautiful and thoughtful gift. I loved your story and all the detail in your finished pillow.

Aniza said...

Lucky Dad to have such a sweet talent daughter like you! Lovely pillow indeed!

Jillian's Blog said...

What a beautiful, meaningful gift!

наташа said...

я просто в восторге от Вашего блога!!!Столько всего интересного.Никогда не занималась пэчворком,а вот сейчас прямо "заболела"этим занятием.А не подскажете,где Вы берёте такие интересные идеи,или это Ваша выдумка?

PatchworkPottery said...

Thank you наташа. These are my own designs :o) I will make my patterns available to purchase very soon.