April 26, 2014

Christmas Star Pillow

This was a quick pillow I made at Christmas for my brother's fiancee. A simple wonky star but with holly freemotion-quilted into the white.




I used the same striped back and tie design as in my Crane Star Pillow pattern. I outlined the star and ties with a red embroidered running stitch, and finished it off with scrappy binding.




I loved how it turned out and it was difficult to give it away! She loved it and I think my brother loved it even more :o)


Enjoy your afternoon tea & quilted crafts :o)

9 comments :

Fran said...

Such a cute cushion! Lovely design and quilting.

Leeanne said...

Beautiful! Your creations are always lovely.

Carol Q said...

gorgeous. wish I could free motion quilt like that :)

Elisabeth Solum said...

Lovely pillow! Very cute with the ties! :)

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Love your pillow and the quilting.

Quilt Fabric Pizazz said...

Darned cute pillow. Love the tie on the back and the combination of machine and hand embroidery. Very nice indeeedeee.

mamciulina said...

Beautiful!

Regards
Dagmara

wloczkowefikumiku.blogspot.com

Willit Neverend said...

I love the quilting! A great Christmassy touch, but subtle enough that they could easily use the cushion all year round.

ivi san said...

Beautiful!
Ivi :-)