Today the sun was streaming through my craftroom window. It was so nice to see the sun again after days of grey fog that I just had to stop sewing and take some photos of the wonderful sight! Aaah... Life was good!
Tonight as I was tidying up some projects, a button escaped and rolled across the floor into the corner. I couldn't see it so I moved one of my large shelving units to reveal this...
No wonder I have been sick all winter! I am the only one in the family who spends time in here. Black mold is toxic and can cause flu-like symptoms including coughing, headaches, fatigue, and more. Life is not so good anymore and I feel like packing away all my fabric and clothing into large plastic bags. When I spoke to the landlord on the phone tonight he made it sound like it was all my fault. He mentioned that I should be opening the windows through the day... in the winter?! I want to move but it's not that easy and I am dreading the landlord poking at the mold and releasing more of it into the air... especially with my daughter in the house. I suppose I should wear a hazmat suit to sew tomorrow.
Okay... I'm ready!