March 27, 2014

Pencil Mug Rug

This was just a little gift for Claire's teacher at the end of June. Her favourite colour is yellow and I had the perfect fabrics.




I was very happy with the bit of pink velveteen I used for the eraser. I paper-pieced the pencil and had lots of fun free-motion quilting her name!




I hand-stamped a little note from Claire on the back. I heard through the grapevine that she is still enjoying it on her desk at her new school.



I had so much fun making this little mug rug that I think it will be the year-end gift for the teacher every year!

Enjoy your afternoon tea & quilted crafts :o)

18 comments:

Judys Fabrications said...

As a former teacher I would have loved one of these.What a great job you did!
I'm a new follower.

PatchworkPottery said...

Thank you :o)

Jan said...

What a sweet gift, Lorraine; no wonder she loves it.

Наталия Бушмакина said...

Интересная идея и замечательный подарок для учителя.
Great job.

What Comes Next? said...

that is a great teacher gift - I bet it will be used for a very long time

PattyAnnD said...

Both my daughter and daughter-in-law are teachers and they would love this! What a cute idea. Will this be a pattern? Iwould love to make it:)

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

How fun is that!!

trudys_person said...

I love this little project Laurraine! What an awesome teacher gift!

ART-Nadin Van said...

очень нравится! здорово!

verykerryberry said...

Gorgeous Laurraine, I love the tonal effect of the 'sides' of the pencil

Crazypatch said...

Un modèle adorable comme d'habitude... j'adore aussi le paper piecing.

Flicsha said...

Just so cute! My Granddaughter is a English teacher. She would live one! Happy to see you posting. Flicsha

Dorien said...

Love, love this mug rug Laurraine!

Lia*s Handmades said...

Gorgeous! :)

Charise said...

What a sweet gift - just beautiful!

IslandBatik said...

This is THE CUTEST!! My mom is a teacher - she would just adore this. And, I've always had a thing for pencils. Love love love!!

Willit Neverend said...

I love it. What a great idea.

Gail said...

I'd love to see this as a pattern! Also maybe a tutorial on how you did the name? :) Lovely work!